I've been thinking a lot about where I want to spend the bulk of my wedding budget. Some of you may be surprised to hear that this item is NOT the dress. Every wedding planning book, etiquette guide, planner says that you should allot anywhere from 38%- 50% of the budget for the venue. The more reading and research I've done has brought me to the deduction that most venues come with LOTS of stipulations... surprisingly these contracts don't attempt to hide these provisos.. especially when it comes to affiliations with bakers, florists, and caterers. I
want to be able to pick and choose each element based on price (value) and personality. I
don't want to be forced to choose a package that best fits my overall idea. Also I feel like I will have more success at dodging the
Wedding price tag if I choose a venue that's more.. uh.. Backyard.
A few Backyard Reception ideas:

Element: Various types of Casual seating

Element: Comfortable. Foster Conversation
I know it's hard to ignore the beautiful beach setting.. but I can definitely picture this set-up in a backyard or lawn setting.
I love this collection from Designer8 Furniture Rental. Which reminds me... I need to go get my resale license and make a trip to the Dallas Accessory Market -- When is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment