Monday, April 6, 2009

The Perfect Wedding Party

I have 2 amazing sisters who are, and always will be, my dearest and best...est friends. I have always imagined them as my maids of honor and started contemplating it more this weekend while watching... (haha I'm almost embarrassed to admit it) Made Of Honor. I have no doubt, that as a team they would outdo his take on the role.

It may be a little premature to start organizing the wedding party... however, I know this much:
A wedding faux pas I do not plan to make: Cruel and shapeless fashion statements inflicted on bridesmaids by brides who are obsessed with being the center of attention. I want each of my 'maids' to feel beautiful and happy so that they can feel entirely mentally available to help me celebrate. I think this means picking (or supervising the selection of) dresses that are shaped to fit each bridesmaids not all bridesmaids. Oh! and if Carrie Bradshaw did it, I'm doing it.
Some Inspiration for bridesmaid dresses:
(all of these images were lifted from other internet blogs, of which I have failed miserably at citing photo credits -- I'm sorry, maybe I'll get better at that once this blog is made more public)

Love the different shades of gray as well as different styles, designers, etc. a) who says bridesmaids dresses have to be uniform b) who says this isn't uniform!?








Love these dresses (They're all slightly different, but VERY similar). I think something like this would be fun (and would look really pretty on Bethany)







Really love the light gray, also totally different shapes and designers, but very consistent flowy and organic feel







Oh! and this color would be way more appropriate at an evening wedding... which I think I'm planning on.

1 comment:

  1. i agree. i don't like all the bridesmaids to have the same dress. i was going to do this b4 i decided no wedding party!

    this is a great idea too...
    www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com

    ReplyDelete